Unlike any other filler or topical product, Juvéderm SkinVive by Allergan is not about replenishing volume loss. Instead, it is a superficial injectable filler which actually replenishes hydration in the skin, producing a smoother and more radiant appearance. This innovative product is the first FDA approved superficial injectable treatment designed to improve smoothness, tone, and texture of the skin in the cheek area. Comprised of hyaluronic acid (HA), a naturally occurring substance in the skin, SkinVive has been formulated in such a way so that it acts to change and improve the appearance of the skin and not to actually fill it!
Our body’s level of hyaluronic acid (HA) diminishes due to age, sun exposure and other environmental factors, resulting in a noticeable decrease in the skin’s texture and overall quality. Juvéderm SkinVive replenishes hydration to combat the effects of aging, resulting in a more youthful glow that lasts up to six months.
Typically, dermal fillers are comprised of a cohesive gel to augment lines or contour facial features. As the smallest molecule HA dermal filler, Juvéderm SkinVive is a low-viscosity gel and is injected in tiny microdroplets, allowing the product to be dispersed in the skin to improve overall skin quality in the treated area. To reduce discomfort during treatment, SkinVive contains lidocaine, a local anesthetic that numbs the area of injections.
Who is a Candidate for Juvéderm SkinVive:
- Juvéderm SkinVive is suitable for adults over 21 years of age who wish to improve the overall tone and texture of their skin.
- Juvéderm SkinVive can be used on all skin types and tones.
How to Prepare for Your Treatment:
- To minimize bruising following your treatment, medications that may “thin” your blood should ideally be discontinued for a full 2 weeks prior to your appointment if it is medically safe to do so.
- If you take prescription medication or have been prescribed over the counter medication by a physician, please check with your prescribing doctor about discontinuing this medication.
- Over the counter medications to discontinue are aspirin, fish oil, anti-inflammatory drugs (such as ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, or Aleve), and Vitamin E.
- Tylenol and Tylenol products can be safely taken and need not be avoided.
- Do not drink alcohol the night before your appointment.
What to Expect During Treatment:
- Treatment is quick, with no significant downtime.
- You may return to most of your regular activities after treatment.
- Juvéderm SkinVive contains Lidocaine to minimize discomfort.
- You will enjoy noticeably more radiant skin immediately following treatment.
- No exercise for 24 hours after treatment to minimize any swelling. This includes any yoga, dance, or gym sessions.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and alcohol consumption for 24 hours after treatment.
- Do not have microneedling, peels or lasers for two to four weeks following treatment.
- You may resume your regular skincare routine the evening of treatment.
If you are ready to improve the quality of your skin’s tone and texture, call Premier Plastic Surgery Center of New Jersey’s Morristown office at 973-889-9300 to schedule an appointment for treatment with Juvéderm SkinVive and achieve a lasting glow for up to six months.
Save on Juvéderm SkinVive with Allē, the official Loyalty Program of Allergan Aesthetics
- Allē eligible treatments include SkinVive, Botox Cosmetic, the Juvéderm collection of fillers, Kybella, SkinMedica products and Latisse.
- Sign up for Allē today to start earning points at your next visit to Premier Plastic Surgery Center of New Jersey.