VirtueRF Microneedling is the latest and most sophisticated FDA-cleared device to be added to our collection of medical grade skin care technologies. The newest generation of microneedling combined with radiofrequency (RF), VirtueRF stimulates the skin’s natural production of collagen and elastin to lift and tighten the skin in a more effective way than had been possible previously.
Our expertly trained aestheticians utilize VirtueRF Microneedling as a preventative as well as a corrective skin treatment. VirtueRF tightens skin, improves its texture, and alleviates fine lines and wrinkles. Suitable for patients of all ages, skin types and tones, VirtueRF minimizes pore size and reduces acne scars.
If you liked Vivace, you will love VirtueRF Microneedling. It provides superior results and treatment is significantly more comfortable!
During treatment the superficial layer of the skin is microscopically perforated with tiny gold needles creating tiny channels used to deliver radiofrequency energy to the deeper tissues. The skin’s natural regenerative response stimulates the production of collagen and elastin that firms and tightens the treated area. Radio frequency has been successfully used in the skin care industry for over twenty years, but the precision and control VirtueRF allows is unparalleled. The VirtueRF Microneedling hand piece uses Robotic Precision Delivery (RPD) that allows your aesthetician to adjust the depth and energy frequency to deliver a treatment customized to each patient’s unique needs.
After VirtueRF Microneedling a Microcurrent Dual Face Mask will be applied by your aesthetician. This dual mask system uses patented TissueX™ technology in a dry mask which is placed over a wet mask containing antioxidants, vitamins and moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties. The ion induced current delivers the soothing ingredients deeper into the skin to calm redness and promote post treatment healing. The wet mask soothes the skin with Sodium Hyaluronate, Aloe Vera Extract, and Caffeine.
The Microcurrent Dual Face Mask calms the skin, so most people only notice post-treatment tightening and a healthy glow to their skin. There is no social downtime after VirtueRF Microneedling treatment.
Since VirtueRF initiates your own collagen production there are immediate noticeable post treatment effects, but you will notice further improvement over time. Full treatment benefits can take up to six weeks to be apparent.
A series of three to four treatments, scheduled four to six weeks apart, is recommended to achieve optimal results. To maintain these results, a VirtueRF Microneedling treatment every six months is recommended.
Preparation for VirtueRF Microneedling Treatment
- Inform our office if you have a history of cold sores or fever blisters. If so, a prescription for Valtrex will be given to you prior to treatment.
- Discontinue Retin-A, Hydroquinone and Serum Vitamin C products for 7 days prior to treatment.
- Discontinue Aspirin and blood thinning medications or supplements for 7 days prior to your treatment.
- Refrain from waxing and chemical peels for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- VirtueRF will not be administered on sunburned skin (avoid sun exposure for 1 week prior to treatment).
- If an active infection or extreme breakout occurs prior to treatment, please contact our office.
Contraindications to Treatment with VirtueRF
- This treatment is contraindicated for women who are pregnant or nursing.
- You cannot have VirtueRF if you are immunosuppressed or on IV therapy.
- You cannot have this treatment if you take Accutane or have taken it in the past 6 months.
- You cannot have VirtueRF if you have had skin cancer of the face, neck, or head in the past 3 years.
Post Treatment instructions
- Apply Aftercare (supplied by our office at your first VirtueRF appointment) immediately after treatment and use as needed for the first 24 hours.
- Use a mild cleanser with cool water to cleanse the face/neck for 48 hours following VirtueRF and gently dry the treated area. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
- Refrain from applying make-up until the day after your treatment. Use clean make-up brushes. Mineral-based make-up is preferable during the post treatment period.
- After treatment you may look sunburned and experience continued warmth and/or tingling of the treated area. This is normal and will subside and within 24 hours. You may apply cold compresses as needed during this time.
What to Avoid After VirtueRF Microneedling
- Do not apply sun screen the day of treatment. You may begin daily sunscreen use the day after treatment. A chemical-free broad spectrum UVA/UVB with an SPF-30 is recommended.
- Do not use any Alpha or Beta Hydroxy Acids, Retinols, Vitamin A or C, or any “active” skincare products for 7 days following VirtueRF treatment. You may resume your normal skin care regimen after this time.
- Do not have any skin care treatments for 7 days following VirtueRF.
- Refrain from waxing and chemical peels for 1 week after treatment.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for up to 3 days (this includes tanning beds).
- No swimming, exercise or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours. Sweating and gym environments are harmful (bacteria is prevalent) and may cause adverse reactions.
If you would like to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, diminish acne scarring, or wish to improve the tone and texture of your skin, VirtueRF Microneedling will provide superior results! Contact Premier Plastic Surgery Center of New Jersey to schedule an appointment with one of our skilled aestheticians. For your convenience, we now offer skin care services seven days a week!